Season 2 of WGN America’s “Salem” doesn’t premiere until Sunday (April 5), but that doesn’t mean fans of the creepy, haunting, sexy show can’t get their fill of witches beforehand.
To get everyone pumped for the second season, Zap2it spoke with a few of the stars of “Salem” to play a round of “Would You Rather?” to find out just how much they know about powerful enchantresses, spells and spooky songs.
First up is Elise Eberle, who plays Mercy, a diabolical witch with vengeance coursing through her veins and a thirst for Mary Sibley’s blood. Take a look below to see what Eberle has to say about her favorite fictional witches, what her talisman would be and which song she’d sing at the local “Salem” pub.
1. Which “Hocus Pocus” witch — they’re from Salem, too! — do you want to be best friends with and why?
Winifred because she has the best name and the best teeth. I feel like she would be the most proud of my natural witch laugh, and be more than happy to teach me how to cheat death and cast green lightning from my fingertips.
2. Pick one: “Charmed,” “Sabrina the Teenage Witch” or “Bewitched”
Harry potter… :)
3. If you were to take Veritaserum — truth serum from “Harry Potter” — what secret would you not want floating out of your mouth?
Unless you find a way to get me to take that serum, those secrets are safe with me!
4. What would your talisman be?
Mercy’s golden thimble because it’s rockin’ stylish.
5. Would you rather sleep in Salem’s pool of corpses for one night or let a frog suckle on your leg for a year like Mary Sibley?
Considering that I’ve already had plenty of slumber parties with the dead, the question answers itself.
6. Let’s pretend the town of Salem had a karaoke bar in the 1600s, what song would you sing? (Don’t worry, you can pick a song that came after the 17th century.)
“Witchy Woman” by The Eagles.
7. What’s one thing you hope your character will do within the series?
Take a shower.
8. Describe Season 1 in one sentence for those who haven’t seen it.
History reinvented — Spoiler alert! There are witches in Salem.
9. Now describe what Season 2 has in store in 5 words.
WITCH WAR WITCH WAR WAR.
“Salem” Season 2 airs Sunday, April 5 at 10 p.m. ET/PT on WGN America.