Nebraska man accidentally eats brownies laced with marijuana, wife calls 911 for help

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

OMAHA, Neb. - Who ya gonna call when there's a dope emergency?

Nope, NOT Cheech and Chong. A wife in Omaha dialed 911.

"Fire and rescue?" a dispatcher answers.

"I need an ambulance.  My husband -- I think he's overdosed.  He accidentally ate some pot brownies."

Yeah, a guy in Nebraska-- who wants to remain anonymous-- accidentally downed a couple of pot brownies his kids left behind.

"And I thought... oh, cool, I've got some brownies to go with my pizza, for dessert," the man remarked.

Boy, was he in for a surprise!

"Wow, I am really high!" he said.

Yeah, the man told his wife to call the kids, but there was no answer.

And then things went south in a that's when she called 911.

"He's starting to panic," the wife tells the dispatcher.

"Is he breathing okay?" the operator asks.

"Yeah.  You're breathing okay?" she asks her husband.

"No," he replies.

"No?" she says in shock.

That's when the dispatcher even became concerned.

"I-I couldn't stop fidgeting," the man recalled.

The dad was so high, he started calling "Kipper" the family cat some mean names!

"I said, 'Watch out, she can be a -bleep-, so I crawled around the cat," he laughed.

His kids have some serious explaining to do.

But luckily, dear ole dad just went upstairs and slept it off!

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.