One of the best parts about the holidays is all the delicious food. Chef Patrick from Swine Southern Table & Bar showed us three delicious classics, each with a holiday twist, that will be a guaranteed hit at any holiday party! Here are the recipes so that you can make them this holiday season. Enjoy!
French Onion Filet:
(Yield 4 Servings)
4ea 8oz center cut filet
2 cups Spanish onions diced
2 tablespoons oil
4 cups aged provolone grated
1 tablespoons oregano
1/2 tablespoons black pepper
2 cups veal demi glaze
2 cups beech mushrooms
2 tablespoons thyme
- On a wood fire grill cook the 8oz filets to desired temperature and allow to rest for 2-5 min.
- In a pan saute the onions with oil until translucent and disperse atop the four filets creating a mound.
- In a mixing bowl combine pepper, oregano and grated cheese.
- Bring veal demi glaze to a boil with mushrooms and thyme.
- Sprinkle the grated cheese mixture over the four filets and put them in the broiler until the cheese is melted and plate immediately.
- Using a spoon, pour some of the demi glaze and mushroom sauce over each filet and serve.
(Yield 4 Servings)
2 cup chopped bacon
1 shallot diced
2 cloves garlic minced
2 cup cream
1 tablespoon thyme
6 cup peas
1 cup Parmesan
- In a cast iron skillet, render bacon until crisp, strain fat and reserve.
- In the same pan saute the shallot and garlic till translucent.
- Add cream and reduce by 20%.
- Add bacon back into pot with cream, thyme, peas and parmesan.
- Season to taste with salt and serve.
Cheddar Jalapeno Grits:
(Yields 8 Portions)
1 cup stone ground grits
1 cup whole milk
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1lbs (4 sticks) of butter
6 dashes Tabasco sauce
Salt to taste
2 cup shredded sharp cheddar
2ea jalapenos filets diced and briefly sauted
1 teaspoon oil of your choice
- In a skillet, saute the two jalapenos with 1 teaspoon of your favorite oil. Set aside.
- In a medium sized saucepan, bring milk, cream, butter and Tabasco sauce to a boil over medium heat.
- Whisk in the stone ground grits and return to a boil.
- Once the grits come to a boil, cover with a lid and turn off the heat.
- Wait 35 min and then stir the jalapenos and cheddar into the grits and serve.